Give your home an urban edge with these graffiti-inspired accessories.
1 Digital domain
Crafted from digitally printed wallpaper, these industrial-looking lampshades are handmade in the United Kingdom by designer Deborah Bowness. They come in large and medium versions, with patterns varying slightly on each piece.
• Innermost Graffiti lampshade, Dh581, www.designmyworld.net
2 ‘Tis the season
These funky salt-and-pepper shakers are shaped like spray cans, with graffiti-esque writing across their fronts. We can think of no cooler way to season our meals.
• Spray-can salt-and-pepper shakers, Dh110 each, Little Things UAE, Dubai Mall
3 A royal redesign
For a more tongue-in-cheek take on the graffiti trend, check out the Monsieur Mint canvas print from Mineheart. A defaced image of Louis XVI blends “classic art with modern day mischief”, and will fit into any design scheme. It’s printed onto a high-quality canvas and available in three sizes.
• Monsieur Mint canvas print, Dh886, www.limelace.co.uk
4 No horsing around
There’s nothing subtle about this life-size, paint-splattered horse figurine. It stands 1.64 metres tall and weighs a whopping 53 kilograms, so it will make quite the statement in your living room.
• Horse figurine, Dh16,999, Chattels & More, Umm Hurair Road, Dubai
5 An apple a day
These mini graffiti apples will look lovely lined up on your coffee table. We like the contrast between the delicate-looking shape and street-style paint job.
• Mini graffiti apples, Dh800 each, Cities Boutique, Galleria Mall and Dubai Mall
Source: art & life