Go bright or go home this summer.
1 Neutral no longer
Who says your bathroom decor needs to be neutral? Be bold and introduce an unexpected pop of neon pink with this soap dispenser from Zara Home.
• Soap dispenser, Dh115, Zara Home stores across the UAE
2 Sharp thinking
Eschew the idea that all your cutlery should be the same colour. These brightly coloured knives, which come in four vibrant shades, will give drab table settings a much-needed makeover.
• Knives, Dh155 for four, Zara Home stores across the UAE
3 Tuned in
The Tykho Radio is entirely encased in an orange silicone cover, meaning you can use it in the shower, by the pool, at the beach, in the kitchen or anywhere else that suits your fancy. The rotating antenna doubles as a station tuner for frequency searching. It’s also a bona fide design classic – part of the permanent collection of New York’s Moma.
• Lexon La42 Tykho Radio in orange, Dh514, www.thedesigngiftshop.com
4 A pop hit
You’ve probably been taught to never mix two shades of green – but this magazine rack from Japanese brand Kanaya proves that it can be done, to striking effect.
• Magazine rack, Dh3,152, Cities, Galleria Mall, Dubai
5 Elegant lounging
This purple quilted-velvet chaise longue from Kare is as decadent as can be. Perched on chrome-plated metal feet, it will make quite the statement in your living room.
• Opulence chaise longue, Dh3,999, Chattels & More, Umm Hurair Road, Dubai
Source: art & life