Teenager denies taking part in gang assault, Dubai court hears

DUBAI // A teenager told a court he was not involved in a fight because it would have cost him his job with civil defence. The 19-year-old Emirati appeared at Dubai Criminal Court charged with physical assault. Prosecutors said he and another attacked two men. The Egyptian and American victims, aged 18 and 17, were […]

DUBAI // A teenager told a court he was not involved in a fight because it would have cost him his job with civil defence.

The 19-year-old Emirati appeared at Dubai Criminal Court charged with physical assault.

Prosecutors said he and another attacked two men.

The Egyptian and American victims, aged 18 and 17, were at the Up Town Mirdif mall when the incident happened on September 2 last year.

“I saw my friend trying to break up a fight and went over to help. Suddenly, about 18 men showed up and started hitting both myself and my friend,” said the Egyptian.

His American friend said the defendant and a group of friends were assaulting the Egyptian’s brother.

The defendant denied taking part in the assault, saying: “It wasn’t me who assaulted the two men but my other friend,” he said in court.

salamir@thenational.ae

Source: uae news

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *