DUBAI // Two jobless men are accused of having sex with a male prostitute then knocking him down with a car and stealing from him, Dubai Criminal Court heard on Wednesday.
Prosecutors charged a 29-year-old Filipino cook with working as a male prostitute, which he denied in court, and two Emiratis are charged with having consensual sex with the cook.
“I did so but I was alone,” said the 21-year-old defendant, while his co-accused, 25, denied the sex charge and the theft and assault.
“I didn’t steal from him and, as for the assault, each one of us assaulted the other,” said the 25-year-old.
On November 30 last year, police received a call from the cook reporting that he was assaulted by two men.
“When we arrived to Al Barsha 2, where the cook was, we noticed swelling in his face. We asked him what happened and he said a couple of men attacked him,” testified a 39-year-old Yemeni policeman.
The cook told officers that the men kidnapped him and shoved him into a car then took him to a villa where they raped him and stole Dh3,000 in cash, his ID and mobile phone.
His testimony was documented then he was referred to hospital, the policeman said.
“But later, when we resumed his questioning, he changed his testimony and said the men were his friends and that he worked as a male prostitute,” said the officer, adding that the cook said he had joined the jobless duo for dinner before agreeing to have sex for money.
Afterwards the cook was knocked down and lost consciousness. When he woke up he figured that he had been robbed by the pair, so he called police and gave them contact numbers for the two Emiratis.
Police called them and told them to come into a station for questioning. The 21-year-old denied assault and theft but admitted having sex, claiming it was on the beach. The second defendant confessed to everything but said the sex happened in a car.
“The 21-year-old told us that the cook asked him to stop talking to any other man or woman and only be his because he was feeling jealous, and when the other man heard that, he knocked down the cook, breaking his nose,” said a 34-year-old Emirati policeman.
The next hearing will be on June 19.
Source: uae news