Visa and paperwork:
Before coming to the UAE, you will need to apply for a visa(usually valid for up to 30 days), and can be extendable. However, if you do not renew your visa, you may be charged a penalty.
Applying for a visa to visit depends on the country you are from.
GCC citizens: no visa is required. All you need is your GCC country’s passport or ID upon arrival.
GCC residents: no visa is required if you have a high professional status (engineer, company manager, doctor/pharmasist, etc.) or work in the public sector. Your visa will be valid for 30 days, and non-renewable.
Other countries: citizens of the US, Australia, Japan, UK, France, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, and many other countries will be granted a free of charge visa for a single visit. (nationals of other countries, check this website for visa information:http://www.mofa.gov.ae/mofa_english/portal/79e01fed-3501-4ebb-accd-9e27950433a7.aspx)
Applying for a visa:
1) You relatives or friends who are already residents in the UAE can apply for a visit visa(valid for 30 days. Extendable for another 30 days) on your behalf.
2) Organizations (hotels, tourism companies) can also apply for a visa on yout behalf.
3) You can apply for your visa yourself by visiting the UAE’s embassy in your country, or online.
1) Visa application(http://www.mofa.gov.ae/MOFA_English/Editor/uae_visa.pdf)
2) List of applicants and passport of applicants.
3) If sponsored, a letter to specify the sponsor is required.
4) Type of visa required.
5) Duration of visit.
6) Passport photo.
NOTE: passport should be valid for at least 6 months.